12 July 2007

Biking - It does a body good

I just want to take a moment to extol the virtues of bike commuting.

By using a bike to commute to work, school, or just the store, you do the following:

-emit ZERO pounds of greenhouse gases
-use ZERO gallons of petroleum gasoline
-waste ZERO dollars on aforementioned petrol
-spend ZERO dollars on parking
-burn somewhere between 50-100 calories per every 10 minutes of riding

With that in mind, why wouldn't you bike whenever you could? I realize that many people live atop some wild hills, but then again let's not forget about public transportation....most buses have bike carriers on the front.

That said, I finally have a bike with which to commute and I plan to do it whenever possible. Thanks to Reser Bicycles for hanging in there with me when I thought my bike would *never* arrive. If you're ever in Cincinnati and you need a bike, go visit these guys....they rule.


Darcy the Dahon

2 comments:

5chw4r7z said...

Just wanted to say, love your blog, keep up the good work.
I added you to my list of Cincinnati links.
if you want to return the favor, I'm at 5chw4r7z.com

Erin said...

I wanted to share my favorite bike blog: http://bikecommutetips.blogspot.com/

Thought you'd be interested.