09 July 2007

Stop Junk Mail AND Plant a Tree!

Even though it's only Tuesday, I've already decided that my discovery of the week is a Web site called GreenDimes.com. For $36 a year - a dime a day - GreenDimes will track down everyone who sends you junk mail and make sure that you stay off of their mailing lists. This includes those pesky credit card offers, insurance offers and direct marketing! Additionally, GreenDimes will plant a tree each month on your behalf. And, other household members can be added to your membership at no cost.

What a great service! Recently, I started writing notes to some of the organizations that solicit money from me telling them that I will not give them anything if they keep wasting trees by sending me junk mail. My efforts were unsuccessful thus far....

...enter GreenDimes. Awesome.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Thanks for the tip. This is something I can get behind....