1. I ate my lunch next to a commercial shoot for Kentucky Fried Chicken today. The shoot was in the garden next to the main library downtown. I had fruit salad and a turkey wrap as I watched a female and a male actor - both quite fit, mind you - do take after take of eating a fried chicken sandwich from KFC. I wonder how much they'll have to exercise to work off all of those calories. Also, I wondered what a commercial for KFC would look like using people who actually eat there in a neighborhood that actually has a KFC.
2. Riding a bike in traffic is really not that bad. Cars for the most part tend to avoid you or at least respect your space. Riding on the sidewalk, however, is much more hazardous. Too many obstacles and pedestrians with attitude. Sometimes, however, the bus is much too intimidating. So, I'll take the traffic over the sidewalk but I'll take the sidewalk to avoid messing with the bus.
3. Now, when I'm not riding my bike, I like the bus just fine. It's so easy. And cheap! It cost me about $2.00 to get around in the past 5 days. Seriously. Do me a favor and take a few minutes to calculate how much gas you buy weekly versus how much it would cost you to take the bus for some of those trips. I think you may be surprised.
4. Urban grocery stores rule! We have one and I am going to be greedy and say I want us to have another one.
5. Urban hardware stores rule, too! We do NOT have one of those. I may open one, just for kicks. Also for hardware.
That's all for now. There will be more.