04 September 2007

My Happy Place

Today I discovered a glorious place on campus, the bookstore. At first glance, it seemed like a miniature Borders on the first floor and a team shop on the second, but then I found the third floor. The third floor of the USC bookstore is awesome. It's like a college bookstore and a Walgreen's combined, and on crack. I got the books that I needed and then simply wandered around, ogling books that I didn't need but wanted, office supplies, electronics, art supplies, even videotapes. There is actually an entire shelf devoted entirely to antiquated filming technology, including stacks of blank VHS tapes, presumably for the film school kids. It was a smorgasboard of learning supplies, and my eyes were feasting.

On the way back down, I stopped in the "school spirit" section to see if there was anything acceptable. I am certainly not the best dressed person on campus but I at least try to match when I walk out the door in the morning. Well, I gotta say....there's just not a whole lot you can do with burgundy and gold - er, sorry, "Cardinal" and gold:



Even the hat section was uninspired, which was a real downer since I love hats. Still, I have school spirit, so I will try to make it work.

As soon I get past the ugly font in our logo.

2 comments:

erin said...

I highly recommend what we call "the Harry Potter scarf" as the ideal way of showing school spirit. USC, or Gryffendor? Nobody knows...

Laura said...

When I visit next, you will have to take me to the bookstore. I love bookstores and the idea that it's a bookstore on crack is totally intriguing.