29 September 2007

Uniquely Cincinnati

Seen today on WLWT.com:

City To Bengals: Exhaust Options Before Shooting Pigeons
CINCINNATI -- Paul Brown Stadium officials want permission to shoot down pigeons that are pooping on Bengals fans' heads -- and in their food and beer -- during games.

An animal rights group asked Cincinnati to say no, and the city asked team officials Friday evening to consider other options.

Eric Brown, managing director of the stadium, had sent a letter asking the city to allow stadium employees to kill the birds with an air-powered pellet rifle. No shooting would take place on game days, Brown said.
And the story continues......

My favorite part of the article is a poll about what to do with the pigeons, where one of the answers is "Trap them, send them to Pittsburgh". Ah, the Midwest. I miss it so :o)


PS. Pigeon poop, while funny, is actually not to be messed with. There are over 32 different ways to die from guano. My purse actually got hit with some today, barely missing my head. Best go clean that again, I think.....

2 comments:

liz said...

i think i have heard about this shooting pigeons thing at least once a day on npr. the first time i was like "where the FUCK do i live???" now i am kind of used to it, which scares me...

Laura said...

Ummm yeah... just another reason why I have to get out of this place