31 December 2007

Last Call for 2007

As 2007 draws to a close, I think it's important to remember where we came from and where we're headed. I guess it's a little easier for me than some, since this is all visible on a map.



But more than that, we need to observe the world around us. What's going on, and why? Can events in Russia, or Pakistan, or China affect us? Moreover, how do events just down the street affect us? One question that I, personally, will be investigating is, how does our built environment affect us? Can we change the world, or even history or politics, with buildings? I think we can, and I'm going to set out to prove it with something I know a little bit about - sustainability. Until then, please have a look at this 2007: Year in Review by a fellow blogger whom I respect greatly, Geoff Manaugh, and enjoy this photo tribute to my past, present, and future. Happy Holidays!


the Cincinnati Convention Center, before Christmas


LA has big letters too: this "100" announces the address of the Caltrans building by Morphosis


Zaha Hadid's Contemporary Arts Center, lit up at night for a special event


the Caltrans building, lit up by day


my family's tree on Christmas day


Santa Monica's Christmas "tree" - made of shopping carts

No comments: