17 March 2008

GREEN 2008

Where do I even begin? St. Patrick's Day, or March 17 of every year, is my favorite holiday. I like to tell people that it's my Christmas, birthday, and everything else rolled up into one, happy, green day. So, it being March 17, I want to wish everyone a very

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


But why? Everyone always asks me that. A few reasons, I guess, not the least of which is that I am part Irish and my family celebrates that element of our heritage. But also because it's a holiday with no obligations....we aren't obligated to buy anything for anyone, and instead we get to simply enjoy each other's company. It's a celebration of friendship!

Also, I think that today is my favorite holiday partially because of the color green, and all of its implications for me. If I had one wish for all of you on this St. Patrick's Day, it is my hope that you do something "green" for yourself.....change a lightbulb, ride the bus, ride your bike, go vegetarian, or plant a tree today. Celebrate your heritage, your friends, and the environment! You could do all three of these things by dyeing a river green, like they do in Chicago. I'm just saying!



And now it's time for me to go to LA's St. Patrick's Day parade! Have a great day!

No comments: