28 April 2008

Automatic flush toilets are a waste of water.

Oh come on. You know what I'm talking about. Raise your hand if you've been in some airport or city building and you tried to use the toilet and the darned thing started flushing at a really inopportune time.

Of course the device that isn't a waste of water is the automatic sensor on the faucets that turns them on when your hands are in front of them and off when you're gone. So naturally you can imagine my frustration when I go into restrooms that have automatic flush toilets and traditional manual faucets. Um, no....it should be reversed! Everyone who's ever specified a toilet or faucet in a public building, please take note!

1 comment:

Donna said...

You've hit on a HUGE peeve of mine. In my experience, automatic flush toilets work properly - no exaggeration - 10% of the time I encounter them. The other 9 times out of ten they flush more than once, and yes, at inopportune times. What a waste of water AND energy.

Argh!