1. Seeing that Mexicans turned the hilarious road sign that depicts an immigrant family running across a highway into a bumper sticker = awesome.
2. Watching movies - more than one even - on the side of a high rise apartment building on a random Thursday night = awesome.
3. Finding out that not only do people in Chinatown care about politics, but they are supporting my candidate = awesome.
4. The view from Disney Hall of downtown LA = awesome.
5. Disney Hall = awesome. (Say what you want about Frank Gehry, but there's something really spectacular about consistent design excellence in a single building, so thoroughly applied that even the coffee bar looks like a million bucks)
6. The lack of bus stops in this city = not awesome. On sunny warm days like today, it's unfortunate to see scenes like this, where everyone needs to take shelter from the sun under a building's canopy because the bus stop is simply a sign on a post. Surely we can do better than this?