26 March 2009

Spring Break, meh

I know I've been quiet lately. I had Spring Break last week, which was actually rather boring and full of thesis paperwork. This week things picked up again, with the TEDx USC conference at USC on Monday, and then a breakfast that I had with CNN on Tuesday. I also just found out that I've been nominated by my peers to give a 5-minute speech at our graduation ceremony in May, which is very nice but a little nerve-wracking! I'm sure I'll figure out what to say.... I think it will probably include trying to be upbeat about our current financial situation and the gloomy job outlook that many architecture grads face this year. :o(

Still, it's hard not to think about the month I had last March, which started off with observing wildlife at a frat party, continued with a trip up the coast and a giant pillowfight, and ended with a glorious trip to Hawaii. Such are the realities of our economic situation...I'm hoarding what tiny amount of savings I've got so that I have a contingency plan after graduation if I can't find a job. Meaning, trips aren't in the cards for me right now (except for the girls' weekend in Seattle at the end of April that's been planned since last summer!)...

Next week the fun continues as I upload my final thesis draft and move into the final phases of planning a major event on campus with some of my cohorts. Plus some other surprises that I'll keep to myself for the time being...

Until then, please excuse my general lack of excitement, as I've got to stay focused right now. If anything really interesting happens, you'll be the first to know :o)

1 comment:

liz said...

surprises! surprises! surprises!