04 March 2009

Words, beautiful words

I rediscovered Wordle this evening and I got a little carried away but you would be missing out if I didn't share. I heard about Wordle a few months ago and didn't think anything of it, but tonight, on a whim, I decided to go. How fun! Essentially what Wordle does is it takes a bunch of words from any RSS or blog stream and it makes them into a "word cloud" which bumps up the size of the word based on how often it appears. I input the WonderSphere first and it apparently only looks at one whole page of posts, because the words it recognized as "most used" are not typical words around here:



Then of course, after I was hooked, I decided to try it with my new blog at the GreenDesignCollective. With Wordle you can change the shape, font, colors, and orientation of the word cloud, and I loved it when this cloud came up with the word "homes" at the left side of the arrowhead point:


Clearly at this point I had to find something else to Wordle. I went back to my dormant blog over at LILAWAC to see the word cloud it would yield. Voila! I especially thought this one was cool since I used a font called "Expressway Free"...


Anyway, if you love fonts and wasting time as much as I do, I encourage you to take your favorite blog and Wordle it. (Liz, I'm looking at you :o)

2 comments:

liz said...

ha! i read the first two sentences and i was like "oh my god i have to do this!"

BT said...

reaaaly gives me headache big time...