- First of all, I roll up on my bike (remember I don't have a car), and lock it to the bike rack.
- Then I go into Ralph's, with my right pant leg rolled up (biker style) and all of my reusable bags (no plastic!) in my X-Large Timbuk2 bag on my back. Let's be honest, I'm usually sweaty too. At least that scares away the crazy people.
- I usually try to limit my haul to a little carry basket, but, failing that, I get a shopping cart (especially if I'm hungry, I'm doomed...)
- When I'm done, I then go through the Self-scan lanes, because frankly it's easier to bag your own groceries if you know how they are going to be carried.
- Then I put what I can in my wee bike basket, on my back (that Timbuk2 bag could hold a couple of toddlers), and on my shoulders and bike handles.
I know I know...I'm a nerd.