13 May 2009

Life changes!

I don't have much time, but the reason I've been quiet lately is because I've been swamped with cleaning, purging, writing, paying fees, and all sorts of other things involved with graduating, looking for a job, and starting to move. I am a bundle of nerves! To clarify, here is what's going on with my life:
  • Re: the move, I don't know where I'm moving yet! If I get a job and it suits me, then I'll move there. If I don't, then I'm going to stay in Hawaii with my man-friend for a while! I'm almost certainly leaving Los Angeles though, which is fine with me. More on that when I have time to breathe.
  • No, I don't have a job yet, but I did send applications and resumes all over the country, to every time zone. I had a couple of good interviews but nothing solid yet. The building industry is just really, really depressed right now. I'm extremely lucky to have even had interviews when some of these companies are receiving hundreds of resumes, and knowing that many friends have been laid off, furloughed, or can't find jobs - even with Target.
  • I'm graduating on Friday from USC. My degree is Master of Building Science. I won't receive that diploma for a few weeks, but I did already receive my Graduate Certificate in Urbanism & the Built Environment. It's pretty! Also, I was nominated by my classmates to give a speech at Friday's ceremony, so wish me luck! We'll try to record it and make it into a Podcast if anyone is interested.
Also, I wanted to mention that I am selling and/or giving away a bunch of furniture and other items. If you have any interest, please feel free to check them out on this Google Spreadsheet and leave me a comment here if something strikes your fancy. If you want it and I can ship it, then let's do it! Let's freecycle!

Whew! I'm like a tornado right now! Hopefully I'll have some good photos for the blog in a few days....

1 comment:

liz said...

!!! so exciting! i can't wait to find out where you end up. hawaii would be awesome though even if nothing else works out right now!