18 September 2009

Things to do in the Pacific Northwest when you're unemployed

...Well I'm not sitting still, that's for sure. It's probably easier if I just show you the pictures and tell you about them, rather than try to explain all of this.

1)My friend Laura came out to the West Coast to help me move my stuff, and also to enjoy some of the sights in and around Portland. First we went to Cannon Beach and saw Haystack Rock:





Here's a photo of one of the spiders that seems to be everywhere out here. Please, someone tell me this thing isn't harmful to humans...


And I saw a dog that I wanted to take home with me...



2)We also took a drive through the Columbia River Gorge to see Multnomah Falls, and later, the Vista House. Very pretty!

These are the falls...


...And this is the Vista House. So named for its amazing view, I would guess.





3) Later, after Laura had left and it rained a bit, I met a slug on the back patio. Look at this size of this dude!



4) And then there's this project that I'm working on: I'm sewing again. I hope this turns out better than the last time I tried to recycle a t-shirt....

2 comments:

eventer79 said...

That's a really really big slug! And nah, the spider won't hurt ya! Beautiful waterfall...I have a weak spot for waterfalls...

Laura O said...

Reminds me of the slug we met at Ryan's house. Did you feed it some tomato too?