23 August 2010

Oh, August

Oh look, another blog post! I will now explain why you are so lucky as to get two blog posts in one month:

As soon as August started, I should have known that it was going to be one big punch in the face. When August 1st rolled around, I was already on Day 3 of what turned out to be a 4-day migraine. The doctor thought I might be having a "rebound" migraine... I really didn't care what it was, I just wanted it to go away. Fortunately I was able to function with the help of migraine medicine, but still... it was annoying.

Then I went on a business trip, and then I came back and promptly managed to get my bike stolen. It was this one, the one I had named Daphne:


Well, Daphne my bike seems to have been as troubled as Daphne the Greek Goddess... first her bike computer got stolen, then her back light got stolen, and finally some punk-jerk swiped her whole frame except for the front wheel. With the frame went those nice fenders, back rack, a cute LED blinking light, and my lightning-shaped reflectors. It pretty much sucked.

Three days after my bike got stolen, I got a borrowed bike, and with my friend Patricia, used my old bike Darcy to ride 26 miles of the Providence Bridge Pedal. Aside from a slightly annoying change in route, it was super awesome, and the best part is still riding your bike on the highway bridges. Here's a view on the iconic St. John's Bridge:


We went to brunch and then Bite of Oregon after the Bridge Pedal to see Brian Boitano cook. He apparently has a TV show called "What Would Brian Boitano Cook?" which I think is just hilarious:


Later that same day, after the Bridge Pedal, while just WALKING, I proceeded to sprain my ankle. Again, not helpful.

There have been other challenges for sure, like getting my washer/dryer unit fixed but not really, as well as giving up an entire weekend to study for my first ARE and then taking it. But since then, things have been looking up. I don't want to give away all the goods so I will save the good parts of the month for another blog post. Three blog posts in one month! Amazing!

No comments: